George Jeffcock anuncia hoy en el foro de Plex en CA una excelente caja de herramientas para trabajar con sus modelos, explotando el Model Api. Una demostración cabal de que Plex está entregando a través de su api una vía abierta para extenderlo libremente.
De la descripción en la Wiki:
If as a CA Plex developer you have found the following tasks a little difficult to achieve then it is hoped these tools can help:Nota importante: Actualizando el estado de Stella Tools, no sólo la herramienta al día de hoy ha mejorado. Además, George ha abierto un artículo en la Wiki de Plex que puede constituír un buen punto de entrada para quienes quieran usarla.
· You can’t find a particular source code / message in your models so you end up creating the source code / message again, only to find the object weeks latter scoped to a function buried under 4 levels of scoping. You now have two or many… versions to maintain. See Search Large Properties
· You want to alter a field’s STATE but how can you tell which action diagrams could be impacted by a change? See Export Large Properties and Create List from Exported Large Properties
· A specific line of action diagram logic is wrong but is used across your model(s) but not inherited, how do you track down the changes? See Export Large Properties and Create List from Exported Large Properties
· You want to use text based change management tool to track changes. See Export Large Properties
· Upgrading and or simply been a while since you rebuilt your applications DLL (WINC) and or PGM (AS400) but don't trust your models and would rather build all the programs found in your installation directories/librarys then See Implemented Programs
· Model house keeping by comparing what DLL (WINC) and or PGM (AS400) are in you installation directories/libraries compared with what your model is configured to. You want to see what implementation names do not exist in your model or model objects that are set to implement No but are still in your installation directories/libraries.See Implemented Programs
· Want to quickly compare an action diagram between Versions/Levels. See Display Large Property
· Driven mad trying to remove local modifications from a panel while trying to understand a particular panel elements runtime behavior. See Display Large Property to view a panels large property.